Sunday, January 16, 2011

SHORT STORY MARKETING

I went to a really good website that has listings for markets today submitted three short stories for publication. I was looking for some of the darker stories. There are some that specialize in that kind of thing. Some places weren't taking submissions and one place was taking them but you had to sign up for an account to do so. One of the places had a large list of things on their submission requirements but most were just asking you used the standard format.
I sent Darkness to UnEarthed Press and Death Always Wins to Dark Recesses.
I had a light-hearted 3 wishes story that I wrote a looooong time ago. Just out of curiosity I looked at the Young Adult market and found an ezine that just made it's premiere this month. It's called Scape and it was looking for YA fantasy stories in urban and modern day settings. Sounded as good as any place to start so I zipped the story Rool Book to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment