Sunday, July 3, 2011

NOVEMBER GIRL WEEK 1

I started November Girl this week by writing the prologue. It's called The Last Ordinary Day and gives the reader an introduction into the world of the story then blowing it up. It may, or may not be, our world and it may take place in the present, or future, or maybe the past. I'm really keeping my options open. ;-)
In some ways I'm going back to the way I wrote the Starpoint Mountain books. I had the main characters, a rough idea, and how it ended and just started writing it. There were lots of surprises in that story and characters didn't always turn out the way I planned them too. When I wrote Welcome to Nowhere I did just the opposite. I knew all of the characters in detail before I started and was limiting it so I couldn't add anymore. It also took place in a limited location so I had to put the place together before I started and once it was going that was it. I'm very happy with it but it wasn't as much fun to write, no surprises, so I went back to the original way. the only difference I have no idea how it ends. I just have the main character, a few rough ideas for others she meets, and a few points I want to make.
I feel like Ed Wood watching Plan 9 From Outer Space. He's so proud of it during the premiere and says "This will be the one they remember me by," not realizing they remember it because it's so bad.
I'm also doing it in the first person. I've only written in that form a few times so it's not like I have much experience at it. I must be crazy! If had any brains I wouldn't do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment