Sunday, February 28, 2010

BOOK 3 WEEK 8

Each novel is divided up into three books or acts that indicate a big location or story change. I finished the first act of this book this week with a honking big cliffhanger. I guarantee you will not see that one coming! I'm really proud of how well that turned out.

I have to admit I am quite amazed that I'm this far into the book already. Only 8 weeks and I've written almost 50,000 words and I get the feeling I'll hit the middle point in a week or so. It'd be nice if I could do the whole novel in twenty weeks. It took thirty weeks to do Doctor Who: Shadows of the past so this would be quite an accomplishment. Even if it is a short as 100,000 words that's still longer than the average book.

I still think it's kind of funny that these books are getting shorter but I know that shrinking will stop with the third book. The fourth one will really have to be a big one.

No comments:

Post a Comment