Saturday, February 20, 2010

BOOK 3 WEEK 7

Really had the best week writing so far and that's saying a lot because I've had lots of good weeks. I wrote 20 pages over a four day period and they came together really good. I worked out the average words on three pages at random and it totals out to just under 8,000 words. At that rate, for this book to date, I've got 44,000 words done. Like the other books this one is divided up in to three sections with each being a different act and change of locations or themes. I'm very near the end of the first section.

I've noticed the books are getting shorter. The first book was 170,000 words and the second comes in at 128,000. I really don't feel this one will go over 110,00o or so unless the sky opens and a whole new subplot falls out. I can't deny that there have been sudden changes like that before so I wouldn't make any bets on the final length yet.

There's lots of new characters showing up in this one. Sometimes, when those characters return in another chapter I have to go back and look them up. It's silly but there are so many of them I forget what their names are! YIKES!

No comments:

Post a Comment