Sunday, December 11, 2011

STARPOINT VIDEOS



We shot all the green screen shots the video needed on Saturday and it went really well. I've learned a lot about greens green shooting. I put down the mats and carpets and covered about two thirds of the studio with green. I also got rid of most of the shadows. There were a few left but I managed to move them far enough away the they were out of most of the shots. The only thing we couldn't do is move the actors fifteen feet away from the green wall. The studio just isn't big enough for that.
There were some shots we did on location a few months back that I absolutely loved. They were fantastic and important but, as much as I wanted to keep them, I had to reshoot them with green screen. The problem is we shot them hand held in the forest without a tripod. They were just to unsteady to use with out so much fx work it would take much to long to put together right. So we redid them yesterday in the studio and the Josh and I started the fx work. I got some of the basics down, what I knew how to do, and Josh is now good to go on the harder and more complicated stuff. I also went out this morning and took a few photos of a cemetery to use in the back ground for one of the. It looks pretty good.
Susanna was very patient and it worked out great. We had to do combat scenes and she kept going so there are a lot of great shots to pick from.
There was one non-green screen shot we had to do with Jessica. I was embarrassed to admit that I just plain forgot it the first time around. Luckily it was a simple scene with no dialougue, just healing, and I took a new t-shirt and made it into a worn out and damaged kind of outfit for her.
Another bonus was Susanna and Jessica singing for us. There were links to flash backs in the video that I was going to use visual fx for. Since they are referred to as whispers I thought of doing audio links instead. Then they sang to us when we shot at Riverside and it was so good I want to do musical links instead. I was especially looking for a tone, they won't be loud enough to get the lyrics, just the feel of them, and they took it to heart and made it work.
On a side note I seem to be getting a good reputation at PATV. One woman in the lobby said "You were the one who did the fantastic leather work." and it took me a few seconds before I realized she was talking to me. She'd seen the armor I had made for Susanna's costume. Another guy asked me if I'd help out on his production cause he'd seen what I was doing on mine. It's pretty exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment