Sunday, December 11, 2011

NOVEMBER GIRL WEEK 20-21

Every once in a while I hit a chapter point where I really have to sweat it out. I got to a point where I wanted certain things to happen to add the mystery to November's past and introduce some new ideas. I wrote a chapter and got everything across that I wanted to but it just didn't feel right. In frustration I went a rewrote using the first version as template. It ended up even more of a mess than when I started. For the third try I just tossed out the first two versions and started from scratch. That works much better.
Despite all this I'm debating whether I should keep going or not. As much as I like the character and am excited about the ideas working on two books at the same time is still overwhelming. It's taking away the focus from Ghosts of Startpoint Mountain. It's getting really tempted to just stop on this character at the end of the year and focus on the final books in the Starpoint series.

No comments:

Post a Comment