Sunday, March 27, 2011

WELCOME TO NOWHERE WEEK 12

This week started out really great then I hit a snag.
I was at the point of revealing one of the characters secret, and very dark, background. I had figured out what they had done and how to break them to finally confess. The problem was I suddenly realized that I need to explain why they had done it. Oh, crap! How did they get into the bad situation in the first place? It had just not occurred to me until the last minute and now I needed a really good back story to get them there.
Everything came to a stop and I was really stuck trying to come up with the back story for that character. I spent three days thinking of how it happened and came up with some pretty silly explanations including involvement in the assassination of a president. WTF! Spent lots of time walking around trying to come up with a good story and finally it came through Friday night. It's a bit far fetched but it really felt good writing it.
Then I started to think about the next scene and wrote down a few notes, then more, and more. Twenty minutes later I had the rest of the book planned out. With luck I'll be there in a month.
It still feels like it's really a script in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment