Saturday, March 19, 2011

WELCOME TO NOWHERE WEEK 11

Really good week this week. One of those writing moments I really enjoy when the sky suddenly opens and ll these ideas come out. I was working on it steadily and had a few ideas but couldn't decide which way to take it first. Then all of a sudden I was writing an entire page of notes with about ten scenes on it. It really felt liked the wheels were turning again and I wrote pretty solid for a few days after wards. I flipped the order of two scenes but the the story and characters really moved forward.
I'm surprised how this is looking like a regular sized novel. Most novels are 80,000 words but I've never even come close to that length. Time Web Tremors is just under 107,000 words and that is the shortest I've done. Secrets of Starpoint Mountain tops off at about 170,000. Right now Welcome To Nowhere is about the 50,000 word range and it feels like it's about two thirds of the way done.

No comments:

Post a Comment