Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 - THE YEAR OF THE AUTHOR

I've been looking back and thinking what a really big year this was. It was certainly the most productive year I've ever had with two full length novels, 25 short stories and all the the pre-history and character work I've done for Welcome to Nowhere. I estimate somewhere over 400,000 words. Despite the fact that I had written four novels and a dozen or so short stories before I never really considered myself an author. I really can't explain why but it just didn't feel comfortable saying it like I didn't really deserved it until the Starpoint Mountain series was finished. It wasn't until then that I felt like I'd earned it and can introduce myself that way.
I'm gearing up for the next level in 2011. I went to Keokuk today and my friend Per nideo taped me reading excerpts from the books. He's going to edit them and add music, sounds, and visual effects and put them up on youtube. I'm also meeting with Susanna next Saturday about doing video trailers in character. She's excited about it and has the talent to make it work. I've got most of the costume already made but still need to get a leather vest or jacket that can double as armor. In addition I've had Fredd Gorham, a professional artist, doing sketches to bring some of the characters to life other than Gallif. So far he's done Lincilara and Luvin and I'm planning on doing Blinks and Jakobus next and then some of the villains.
On top of all this I'm still hoping to hear from Jupiter Gardens Publishing in January that they want to buy the series. I'll wait another week and then send them a reminder to see how they are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment