Friday, January 29, 2010

DR WHO

I took some time this week and put together a proposal for Big Finish's Doctor Who audio range. There are several restriction as to what they were willing to look at and that was a bit more difficult than I had expected. They wanted one 25 minutes story with the 5th Doctor, Nyssa, and no more than three original characters. I tend to write big, all the books a bigger than the average novel, and doing a 25 minute story was pretty constricted. I looked over all of the Dr. Who short stories I have written and the only ones that would fit into the time frame depended on some knowledge of previous events in the Doctor Who universe and those were forbidden. For a while I tried to think of a Twilight Zoneish story with a bizarre twist at the end but that just wasn't working. Once I decided to go with a straight character story it came together quite fast. I'm hoping that it not being a traditional adventure, no monsters of villains, may make it stand out. The writing of the actual script took about three hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment