Sunday, February 13, 2011

WELCOME TO NOWHERE WEEK 6

This was a very productive week. Put down over 8000 words and it's the best week I've had this year. I think the thing that was slowing me down was, once they were introduced, I was trying to develop all of the characters on a regular basis and advance them evenly. That is a really bad idea cause it slowed everything down and made it mechanical. I was watching an episode of Jericho and noticed how they keep there main characters going and then move the supporting characters in and out when necessary. Once I broke away from that pattern things really started moving and it opened up.
Sometimes I get carried away and get so involved with exploring these characters I forget about the science fiction part of it. It's the same thing that happened with Starpoint where I'd have to go back and add some of the fantasy elements. It seems so odd because of the way I used to think about writing it was action first and characters second. Now it's the other way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment