Sunday, October 24, 2010

GALLIF OF STARPOINT MOUNTAIN WEEK 19

The great moment of refocusing I had a few weeks ago has really paid off. It's been one of the best weeks writing I've had this year. I've written some very dramatic scenes that really hit home the themes of these books. They just have a flat out discussion on how dangerous racial profiling is and how important the individual is. They also talk about how easy it is to forget that and old habits are hard to break. One of the things I'm really proud of is it's not the main character that instigates this conversation even though she is an example of how to change it.
I was wondering if the readers might not be sure of just how much what they have seen up close is effecting the world of the story so I wrote a chapter on how this is playing out to the average citizen. To take time out of the main characters and stories seems kind of risky. I don't want the whole thing to feel like it came to a stop so I had to work hard to make the characters represent easily recognizable but entertaining people.
Some nights I'm dead tired and can barely stay awake but my creative mind is still rolling. I'll actually doze of briefly but my hand is still moving. What it ends up is just scratches but it's a weird feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment