Sunday, March 14, 2010

BOOK 3 WEEK 10

After last week being so good this one was a struggle. I stumbled around a few times so I finally wrote a very brief outline for the third act. After that it got smoother and I managed 15 pages. I averaged out on Friday and figured I've written 70,000 words in ten weeks. I was originally thinking that I could do this book in twenty weeks but I'm starting to think t may come down to fifteen. It'll end up around 100,000 words which is the shortest of the three but still about 20,000 words longer than the average book. I get the feeling that the fourth book, however, will be a big one closer to the first book.

The strangest problem I'm having with this book is I'm introducing so many characters that when they come back a few chapters later I forget their names. It's really strange but I'm also excited that here I am in the third book and I'm still bringing in new characters and taking it to new places.

I wrote a bunch of character arcs before starting the book but haven't gone back to check on them yet. It one of the weird things that happen when I write. The only thing right now that I know I'm going to work on in the rewrite is the same as the last book. I need to expand the world so that you can't get from point A to point B so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment