Sunday, May 22, 2011

STARPOINT UPDATE

For almost a year now I've been trying to put together some video promotions for the Starpoint books. It was a lot harder than I expected to find an actress, some just weren't the part and some got a bit flaky on me. per and I were both at Icon and thought Susanna Myers, who was the lead in the opening sketch, was fantastic and had the talent to handle the part. We approached her and spent some time talking to her and convinced her to join us. I made a costume especially for her and I'm really proud of it.
I've been doing some work helping my friend Al do a science fiction video at PATV in Iowa City. I've done enough there that they said I could do my own so I've been working to organize some shooting. My friend Per has always been a part of it and I'm really excited about that. Al also jumped on the bandwagon and has a lot more experience and connect ions so it's really picked up speed. We met last Saturday to do some test shots and planning.
The idea we have is to shoot it in two phases. We'll take a day and shoot exterior footage and of various shots in locations around Iowa City. There is a spot I found along the river we can use and there is a stone wall near campus. Al is going to check out some locations at a park this week.
The second phase will be in studio scenes with a few characters in a script I'm working on. The script is a real trick. I t has to be able to stand alone so a viewer who knows absolutely nothing about the books could understand it and has to be intriguing enough that they'll want to read them. That'll be the hard part but I think I have a really good idea for a story that would take place before the books.
I'm including the picture below even t hough it's blurry but it gives a good idea of Susanna's hair. It is naturally reddish but she highlighted it a bit for the vid s. She is GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment