Sunday, August 22, 2010

ADVERTISING

I found out earlier in the week there there was an Iowa Book Project that holds an Iowa Author's Fair every year. I'd never heard about them before but it sounds like it's a rather large event. This year they are holding it at the Coralville Public Library and scheduled at least 50 authors from Iowa. I sent an email to the state coordinator who asked me a few questions and said she would check and see if there were still slots available. She said there were and passed my info along to the local coordinator. Got home from work Friday and there was an email with the application form attached and a notice that the deadline to apply was August 21st. Saturday was August 21st. I filled out the app and got the info they requested together and went ahead and dropped it off at the library Saturday morning. I didn't want to take a chance and I figured it was worth it.
It sounds like this is a big thing. It is run by the Iowa Librarians Association and there are 1400 members of that so that is a lot of possible buyers. They would be librarians coming in to buy books for the year. This means they are working on an established budget but they would also be more willing to buy if it sounds good. It is also open to the public so that could add other interested parties.
The Author's Fair is Wednesday, October 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment