Sunday, May 2, 2010

CHRONICLES OF STARPOINT WEEK 4

Some of the ideas I've had just haven't worked. I wanted to write a story about an early king of the Giant Lords and what happens to him when he leaves the capital city, in secret, to tour the land and fight out what the citizens think and feel. Great idea. It just didn't develop into anything once I got him out of Spring Field. He just went walking around and had few cute experiences but it never really was going anywhere. I just ended up stopping and putting it into the file. Maybe I'll go back to it later.

I wanted to right the back story on the villain Zaslow from the first book. I established it in the book that he went to infiltrate and possibly dismantle some of the followers of the evil gods. He learned all about them and was so close that he was easily seduced by what they offer. It's a good story, I'm really quite proud of it, but it just got darker and darker as it went and turned out to be quite horrific. I'm thinking it stands on its own very well and, maybe, I might be able to sell it as a horror story.

No comments:

Post a Comment